Saturday, September 11, 2010

Morning Joys

IN WHICH THIS WOMAN WAKES AND FINDS SHE IS GLAD TO HAVE THE BREATH OF LIFE

And that she is happy to hear Eva’s happy morning giggles. In the book Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie, it is explained that fairies come alive when a baby laughs her first baby laugh. It is possible however, that my child has that super-ability every morning. She is so wildly happy to be rescued from her crib that whoever first opens her door in the morning is showered by the best baby sounds in the world, and lately, a “hiya!” as well. It is both wonderful and bittersweet to hear my mom or my husband open that door. It used to be me. But this morning I just felt glad to hear her.

1 comment:

  1. you will get there again.
    Tara -you write so beautifully--this should be a book.

    ReplyDelete